Become the village “Thinker” and get ready to create unique cultures in a world full of mystery and surprise
London, United Kingdom, 13th October, 2021. Green Man Gaming Publishing and solo game designer Erik Rempen are thrilled to announce that the highly-anticipated roguelite village-builder Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will be coming to Steam Early Access on November 11th, 2021. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign and in-depth game testing with the community, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will offer players the opportunity to create flourishing new cultures while adapting to the procedurally generated environment. Making the right choices could mean the difference between a happy and thriving village or the destruction of your new civilization.
Check out the release date teaser trailer showcasing more of the exciting gameplay Kainga will offer here
Download the press kit with new screenshots here
Early Access preview code will be available in the coming days, so if you haven’t already received a Steam key please request one here
Please note: preview keys already issued will automatically update to the Early Access version ahead of the release. I will message you directly to confirm when this update is live.
“It’s been a busy few months adding new content and balancing the game mechanics ahead of the Early Access launch, but I’m thrilled to be able to release Kainga: Seeds of Civilization into Steam Early Access on November 11th” Commented Erik Rempen, solo game developer for Kainga. “I am excited to see how everyone reacts to the challenge of creating their own unique cultures and building their new villages. But the hard work will continue as I’ll be pushing out regular content updates throughout the Early Access phase building on the strong gameplay foundations of this initial launch”.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Instead of following the long-winded city builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minute to 1 hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the terrain and resources to your advantage, keep an eye on the resources you have available and carefully plan and adapt to an ever changing environment, as you battle against the elements, disasters, other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technologies, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will be launching on Steam Early Access on 11th November and fans can wishlist the game and download a playable demo version on Steam here.
For more information please visit the official website here, follow Kainga: Seeds of Civilization’s journey on social media via Twitter and don’t forget to join the conversation on the official Discord channel.
For more information please contact:
Mark Allen PR Ltd on behalf of Green Man Gaming Publishing and Erik Rempen
email@example.com +44 (0)7884 408976
About Green Man Gaming Publishing
Green Man Gaming Publishing works with developers around the world to bring great indie games to market. Green Man Gaming Publishing is a division of Green Man Gaming, the multi-award-winning global video games retailer and technology business.