Solo dev project boosted by global publishing and marketing support
London, United Kingdom – 5th August, 2021.
Green Man Gaming Publishing has signed a new global publishing deal with Erik Rempen, solo game designer of the exciting and highly anticipated new roguelite village-builder Kainga: Seeds of Civilization. Scheduled for a late 2021 release on PC via Steam, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization immerses players in a unique procedurally generated world full of mystery and surprise as they take on the role of the village Thinker, tasked with passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people.
“Kainga has been on our radar for some time and we are thrilled to be able to bring our publishing expertise to this innovative new game” commented Helen Churchill, SVP of Publishing at Green Man Gaming Publishing. “Erik has worked tirelessly to make his vision a reality and we are excited to be part of this journey with him. Kainga: Seeds of Civilizationis the perfect title for our growing portfolio and re-enforces our commitment to discover the best indie titles and provide the perfect launchpad for them to hit that all important global audience”.
“I am so excited to be working with the Green Man Gaming Publishing team and look forward to utilizing their global publishing experience for the launch of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization”. Said Erik Rempen, self taught solo game designer. “I have been blown away by the support and love for my game so far and I know that with their publishing support, I can fully focus my attention on creating the game I envisioned when I started this project and delivering a truly exceptional gameplay experience to the community”.
Checkout the trailer for Kainga: Seeds of Civilization here
A press kit for can be downloaded here
Hands on Preview Code is now available for Kainga: Seeds of Civilization – request a copy here
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is a roguelite village-builder set in a world full of mystery and surprise. Taking on the role of the Thinker, the leader of the village, you will need to adapt to the procedurally generated environment and surroundings and make the right choices to allow your people and village to flourish. The Thinker is responsible for passing the players’ decisions and commands on to the people. Although the citizens are somewhat expendable, if the Thinker falls, you lose. Much like the king in chess, they’re weak and vulnerable and must be protected at all costs.
Instead of following the long-winded city builder formula, Kainga: Seeds of Civilization is focused on short, 30 minute to 1 hour challenges. Each challenge is a fresh and diverse experience in a new location which still allows the player to make progression between runs.
Features of Kainga: Seeds of Civilization.
- Create A Unique Culture. Using the unique thinker skill tree, select research from a diverse branching technology tree inspired by civilizations around the world, make your mark on the world, with your choice of buildings, festivals, resource production and more!
- Adapt to Your Surroundings. Use the terrain and resources to your advantage, keep an eye on the resources you have available and carefully plan and adapt to an ever changing environment, as you battle against the elements, disasters, other villages and even the beasts that roam the lands.
- Train Units and Tame Beasts. Keep your village safe by researching technologies to equip your villagers with weapons to repeal attacks, or even use the beasts to your advantage by taming them and turning them on your rivals.
- Acquire New Knowledge for Future Runs. Every end carries the seed of a new beginning, unlock new technology, biomes and challenges to add further complexity to each run.. Earn Karma to purchase advanced structure types and rescue thinkers to play with their leadership style and unique quirks.
- Live Amongst or Upon Giant Beasts. The wildlife of these lands wander and interact with the environment, and often destroy those in their way. Can you learn to live with these animals? Or better yet, manage to tame them and build upon them.
- Build Legendary Structures. From towering stone menhirs, to great halls and more. Construct and protect massive buildings using materials sourced from around the map.
- Customize Your Playstyle. Choose a look and starting layout personalized to how you play best before diving into the procedurally generated world and putting your skills to the test.
Kainga: Seeds of Civilization will be available for PC via Steam in late 2021. Fans can also wishlist the game on Steam here.
For more information please visit the official website here, follow Kainga: Seeds of Civilization’s journey on social media via Twitter and don’t forget to join the conversation on the official Discord channel.