Evil Twin Artworks’ comedic space combat adventure game coming to PC and consoles in late 2022
London, UK – 21 April, 2022. Global publisher Green Man Gaming Publishing is thrilled to announce a new global publishing deal with Indie developer Evil Twin Artworks to bring their exciting new comedic space combat adventure game The Galactic Junkers to PC and consoles in late 2022. Evil Twin Artworks originally planned a Kickstarter campaign to support the PC development and hopefully secure funding for a console release but Green Man Gaming Publishing stepped in with a deal to support the team with publishing, PR and marketing support for the launch of all platforms.
The Galactic Junkers will transport you to a far away galaxy to become the space captain you always wanted to be. The only problem is that your ship needs work, there’s a price on your head, and your crew are idiots! What could possibly go wrong!
“We are excited to be partnering with the talented team at Evil Twin Artworks to bring The Galactic Junkers to market and further bolster our publishing portfolio” commented Helen Churchill, SVP of Publishing at Green Man Gaming Publishing. “We believe that this title can be an indie hit not only on PC but across all platforms and we will utilise our vast publishing experience to get The Galactic Junkers in the hands of gamers across the world”.
“We are so excited to be collaborating with Green Man Gaming on Galactic Junkers. This was such a departure from our previous title we are really pleased to be able to get the game out to a larger audience.” Comment from James Carroll, Director at Evil Twin Artworks. “Green Man got it from the off and that was something that was important to us, there’s a lot of off kilter humour in The Galactic Junkers that we were pleased someone else was appreciating it outside of our little circle!”
About The Galactic Junkers
Being the captain of a spaceship can be hard, especially when there’s a price on your head. Bounty hunters, space pirates, and even the Galactic Union are trying to hunt you down. All that stands between you and oblivion is your wits, your crew, and your trusty ship.
The Galactic Junkers is a comedic action-adventure space combat game that puts you in the role of a space captain on the run. Your ship might be falling apart and your crew isn’t the best but with a little luck you can keep everything ship-shape. Upgrade your ship, hire new crew, steal supplies and equipment, and keep searching for the truth of why everyone wants you dead.
In the far future the Great Cataclysm saw Earth destroyed, seeing humanity spread throughout the Solar System. To survive we’ve become nomads, eking out a living on space stations that are falling apart and barely habitable asteroids. Humanity has lost hope but a few brave space captains are out there, trying to find a new future for us. You’re one of them, building a life full of adventure for you and your crew, with a full load of Space Munch, a moody computer and a barely functioning ship, what could possibly go wrong?
- Explore – Take a journey across the solar system exploring all nine planets and their neighbouring sectors. Discover mysterious asteroids, creaking space stations, abandoned shipwrecks, deadly pirates and much more.
- Mine, Salvage, Steal, and Trade – Running a spaceship is never easy and there’s always bills to pay. Keep your bank balance looking healthy by mining asteroids, salvaging derelicts, and trading with disreputable characters. Maybe you’ll even partake in a little theft, but don’t worry – we don’t tell anyone.
- Battle and Board Enemy Ships – Space is a deadly place so you’ll have to fight for your life. Set your crew to operate the guns and show those pesky pirates what you are made of! Board enemy ships to smash and grab essential resources or hack systems from the shadows.
- Hire and Maintain your Crew – A happy ship needs a happy crew, so look after your band of useful idiots. Nurture their skills to keep everything running smoothly, or if you don’t like them, show them the airlock and hire new crew.
- Buy, Upgrade, and Repair Ships – Maybe you need a little more juice in the engine department or your guns are falling short. Upgrade your ship to take control of the sector and make a name for yourself. Or if you prefer something a little fancier, trade in your ship for a better model. Just don’t forget your maintenance routines!
- Protect You and Your Ship at all Costs – Try not to get yourself blown up, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. We’re counting on you to find the truth behind the bounty on your head and see if there’s a bigger destiny for you out there. Explore strange new worlds, meet weird new people, try dodgy food, and boldly fumble where no space captain has fumbled before, just don’t get your exhaust ports blown off!