Get ready to explore strange new worlds, meet weird new people, try dodgy food, and boldly fumble where no space captain has fumbled before!
London, United Kingdom – 30th June 2022. Wannabe space captains rejoice as publisher Green Man Gaming Publishing and developers Evil Twin Artworks are thrilled to announce that their new comedic space combat adventure game The Galactic Junkers launches today for Xbox One consoles, and PC via Steam for £12.99/€13.99/$16.99. The PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions will be released in early July.
In The Galactic Junkers, budding space captains can jump behind the helm of their very own spaceship and scour the galaxy on the lookout for derelict ships to board. But beware of pesky bounty hunters who are hot on your tail and don’t forget to keep an eye out for those troublesome aliens that lurk in the vacuum of space.
Check out the release trailer for The Galactic Junkers here
A press kit with screenshots, logos, and artwork can be downloaded here
Review code is available now – you can request your code here
About The Galactic Junkers
Being the captain of a spaceship can be hard, especially when there’s a price on your head. Bounty hunters, space pirates, and even the Galactic Union are trying to hunt you down. All that stands between you and oblivion is your wits, your crew, and your trusty ship.
The Galactic Junkers is a comedic action-adventure space combat game that puts you in the role of a space captain on the run. Your ship might be falling apart and your crew isn’t the best but with a little luck, you can keep everything ship-shape. Upgrade your ship, hire new crew, steal supplies and equipment, and keep searching for the truth of why everyone wants you dead.
In the far future, the Great Cataclysm saw Earth destroyed, seeing humanity spread throughout the Solar System. To survive we’ve become nomads, eking out a living on space stations that are falling apart and barely habitable asteroids. Humanity has lost hope but a few brave space captains are out there, trying to find a new future for us. You’re one of them, building a life full of adventure for you and your crew, with a full load of Space Munch, a moody computer, and a barely functioning ship, what could possibly go wrong?
- Explore – Take a journey across the solar system exploring all nine planets and their neighbouring sectors. Discover mysterious asteroids, creaking space stations, abandoned shipwrecks, deadly pirates, and much more.
- Mine, Salvage, Steal, and Trade – Running a spaceship is never easy and there are always bills to pay. Keep your bank balance looking healthy by mining asteroids, salvaging derelicts, and trading with disreputable characters. Maybe you’ll even partake in a little theft, but don’t worry – we won’t tell anyone.
- Battle and Board Enemy Ships – Space is a deadly place so you’ll have to fight for your life. Set your crew to operate the guns and show those pesky pirates what you are made of! Board enemy ships to smash and grab essential resources or hack systems from the shadows.
- Hire and Maintain your Crew – A happy ship needs a happy crew, so look after your band of useful idiots. Nurture their skills to keep everything running smoothly, or if you don’t like them, show them the airlock and hire new crew.
- Buy, Upgrade, and Repair Ships – Maybe you need a little more juice in the engine department or your guns are falling short. Upgrade your ship to take control of the sector and make a name for yourself. Or if you prefer something a little fancier, trade-in your ship for a better model. Just don’t forget your maintenance routines!
- Protect You and Your Ship at all Costs – Try not to get yourself blown up, captured, or otherwise incapacitated. We’re counting on you to find the truth behind the bounty on your head and see if there’s a bigger destiny for you out there. Explore strange new worlds, meet weird new people, try dodgy food, and boldly fumble where no space captain has fumbled before, just don’t get your exhaust ports blown off!
The Galactic Junkers will release today for Xbox One consoles, and PC via Steam for £12.99/€13.99/$16.99. The PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch versions will be released in early July.
For more information please visit the visit Green Man Publishing website.